Choosing the Correct Ergonomic Kneeling Chair
One of the more interesting types of office seat which has been introduced in recent times is the ergnomic kneeling chair.
This type of office seating has a few unique features which are well worth examining before deciding if one of these is right for you:
1. The idea with an ergnomic kneeling chair, or ergonomic knee chair as you might see it called sometimes, is that it is easier to put your body into a healthy, comfortable position. This is achieved by leaning forward and resting your shins and knees on a padded rest area, forcing your body into a more correct posture at the same time. These make them popular as office chairs for bad backs.
2. The padded area where you place your shins should be adjustable, to let you put it into the most comfortable position for your legs and avoid your calves being flattened against your thighs.
Customize your Seating Position
3. The seating area is another part of the ergonomic kneeling chair which you should be able to customize to suit you. You should find yourself sitting tilted a little bit further forward than in a conventional adjustable task chair. If you go too far forward you might be uncomfortable, so do it bit by bit until you get used to the new sitting position.
4. The lack of arm rests on the ergonomic kneeling chair model means that you should be at the right height to have your arms in line with your desk and keyboard.An adjustable height feature is therefore necessary.
5. For users who plan to move their posture office chair from room to room an option with castors or a lightweight fold up model should do the trick.
6. If you kneeling chair has a back support than it too should be adjustable. If you are sitting forward like the person in the example photo then there should be no pressure placed on the back support anyway.